WHAT IS MICRONEEDLING?
Microneedling is an innovative way to achieve a smoother and firmer skin and invigorate the skin’s texture andnatural glow. This method addresses aging skin, fine lines, scars, stretch marks, age spots, sun damage, hypo- and hyperpigmentation, and other skin issues.
How it works
Microneedling (also known as Collagen Induction Therapy or CIT) gently induces controlled micro-injuries to the skin. This triggers the skin’s natural repair process, resulting in the production of collagen and elastin. These process most notable result is a thicker epidermis with a softer appearance of wrinkles.
Collagen Induction Therapy creates micro-channels in the skin so that topical gels, creams, and serums can then reach the deeper layers of the skin and be more effective. A hyaluronic acid gel is applied to the skin directly after the treatment delivering hydration to plump the skin and begin the healing process.
1_Reduction Of Wrinkles And Fine Lines
Fine lines and wrinkles occur when your skin loses elastin and collagen. It’s a natural part of the aging process. Certain lifestyle factors can speed it along such as UV exposure and smoking. Our microneedling treatment stimulates your skin’s natural elastin and collagen production helping to restore a youthful appearance.
2_Brighten Skin Tone
Environmental, genetic and circumstantial factors can visibly change the health and tone of the skin, resulting in common effects such as age spots, sun damage, and hypo- and hyperpigmentation. Microneedling has shown to improve these conditions by stimulating the skin’s renewal on a cellular level.
3_Smooth Away Scars
Microneedling is ideal for breaking down scar tissue and helping stimulate your skin to repair itself. Acne scars, surgery, burns, or laser tattoo removal scars can be remodelled and their appearance can be improved.
4_Fades Stretch Marks
For people that have lost or gained a lot of weight or endured pregnancies, stretch marks can appear. They are notorious for being difficult to take away. However, microneedling helps improve their appearance and texture.
Thanks to its ability to stimulate your skin, microneedling, together with proper care, can keep your skin natural, healthy and looking at its best
While Microneedling is a safe and effective treatment for the skin with little downtime certain conditions make the service prohibitive.
It is NOT recommended for any who have:
- Blood disorders
- Autoimmune diseases
- Viral infections
- A tendency towards keloid scars
- Had Botox collagen, fat, or other methods of augmentation with injected materials in the treatment area in previous 2 weeks
- Had facelift or any facial surgery in the previous year
- Had recent major surgery
- An accutane prescription
- A history of hemophilia, eczema, psoriasis and other chronic conditions
- A history of actinic (solar) keratosis, diabetes
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Facial melanosis
- Anaesthetic allergies
- If you are taking blood thinners.
- If you had surgery of any kind over the past 6 months or will have surgery within the next 6 months, or facelift or eyelid surgery in the previous 12 months.
- If you are on autoimmune medication.
- If you have cancer or have taken cancer treatments in the past 6 months
Micro needling cannot cover:
- Active bacterial or fungal infection
- Pre- and Malignant tumours raised moles and warts, skin tags
- Actinic (solar) keratosis
- Viral infections
You cannot receive Treatment if you:
- Are pregnant or nursing
- Are under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Have HIV/ active hepatitis or with active MRSA
- Have active tuberculosis.
PRICING ( for face)
SINGLE SESSION 60 min $450
SERIES OF 3 ( to be used in 12 month) $1200
If a client wishes to address issues on other parts of the body such as stretch marks, pricing and timing will only be determined after a consultation with one of our therapist.